Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour Mobile In-Ear Headphones

Beats by Dr. Dre Tour Mobile In-Ear Headphones

Rated #1262 in Headphones

Pros: Nice Cable, Design, Isolation, OK Sound

Cons: Muddy bass, recessed mids, worries about Durability

So i got these just for kicks, $23 USD. i wasn't expecting much, but when i opened the box it came with the case! the headphones, weirdly, looked legit. Comfort was a bit short, because of the length, but when i got a good fit, the isolation was good. the flat cable and "dope" stylin' were pluses too. Even more, the ControlTalk feature worked perfectly. Ok, so i thought, the sound must be crap. i was wrong. when i listened to the LEGIT beats tour, they produced really heavy bass, really recessed mids, and half a ton of sibilance. Amazingly, these got rid of the sibilance issues, and also reduced the bass. Yes, the mids were still recessed, and clarity could be better, but for the price, these are a stone-cold steal. soundstage was fairly average. besides comfort, the other issue i had is future durability problems. i heard many people's broke, let's see if these hold up. i can't wait to see the comments on this review, most of which are gonna say "TROLL" and stuff like that biggrin.gif

Conclusion: for a pair of fakes, these are great. obviously, they don't hold a candle to my other earphones, such as Shure SE215 and Sony XBA-1, but ohwells. :D i'll try to post pics when i have time.

Pros: Portable

Cons: (Read the full review to see all)

When I bought it:

When I bought the beats tour by Dr. Dre I was impressed at the sound quality and the comfort. I was used to using my standard Apple headphones that came with my iPod so it was a big difference from that.

What comes in the box:

• Actual headphones
  • Carrying Case
  • 3 pairs of standard Monster designed eartips
  • Two pairs of different size triple layer "Airlocks"
  • Quick start guide

Features:

Tangle free cable

Control Bar

Microphone for hands free calling

Comfort:

It came with different sizes of earbuds so it can fit perfectly into my ear. The comfort was pretty good until I lost one of the earpieces. When I lost one of my earpieces I went one size up from that and all it did was fall out over and over and over again.

Audio Quality:

The quality of this was at first perfect (compared to my Apple headphones but after 2-3 months it started

getting all static-y in the left earpiece and was a major difference from what I heard before. Also after it went back to normal I was going to change the earpieces and as soon as I put it back on it was static-y on the left earpiece AGAIN! And a week after that the left ear just wouldn't work.

Design:

This headphone would only be good for people who don't really know good sound quality and just want to make a fashion statement (along with all of the other Beats products by Dr. Dre.)

Other:

The control bar on the right earpiece sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. It says at apple.com that it's not compatible with a PC so if you are going to listen to music or just watch youtube videos on your PC  THIS HEADPHONE IS NOT FOR YOU. It's only compatible with iPhone, and iPhones 3G-4S, all iPod models, iPad 1-3. I bought mine from Apple which means that it is guaranteed that it's not a fake. Also the earpieces collect a lot of earwax (gross I know) so whenever you take the earplugs out of you ears you might see a lot of "yellow stuff."

Value:

Buying this is not worth the price that it's set on ($160). I think that it's only that much because of the brand name and because it's by Dr. Dre.

Overall:

The Beats by Dr. Dre was a good headphone at first but I later changed my mind to just sticking to the standard Apple headphones. So to anyone reading this

Don't buy this headphone!

Beats by Dr. Dre Tour Mobile In-Ear Headphones
By:

Hear What You've Been Missing At Monster we are true audiophiles, having researched audio technology for over 30 years to develop the finest audio cables, home theater speakers, and headphones. Now, we are proud to unveil Beats Tour featuring Monster's newly developed driver design. Because the ultra-fast response time, the Beats Tour driver can accurately reproduce the full sound and details of today's digital music with precise clarity, natural vocals, and big bass punch. ControlTalk: The Ultimate in iPod Control and Hands-Free Calling?* With the built-in ControlTalk remote on the Tour ControlTalk headphone cable, you get on-cable control of your music, as well as easy, high quality hands-free calling. You'll enjoy quick-access music playback control, like volume, play/pause and tracking, without having to dig for your iPod. Plus, the high-grade mic and high-resolution, sound-isolating headphones all combine to let youhear and be heard much more clearly - and conveniently - than you ever could with the phone to your ear. The World's First Tangle-Free Earbuds At Monster, sound has always been the most important to us, but when it comes to the headphones you use everyday, we were determinedto get rid of the annoying ritual of untangling your earbuds every time you want to listen to music. After ten long years of passionate research, we finally found the solution. The new Beats Tour flat cable design is so revol

BindingElectronics
BrandMonster
EAN0050644528552
FeatureIncludes multiples sizes of single and triple layer ear tips, carry case, and reference c.d.
Weight0.9 pounds