Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones › Reviews › JonnyRocket's Review

I was mugged by reality

A Review On: Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones

Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones

Rated # 334 in Universal Fit
JonnyRocket

Pros: Cord is nice, decent in ear fit, looks great, I like the control talk

Cons: The sound quality!

I bought these a few days ago at Walmart. At first I thought they were broken, the treble was so far extended that it became shrill. After listening to these for 10 min I got a headache. I returned them and got another pair and i got the same sound again. I decided to let they burn in the rest of the afternoon and night. I tried them again the next day and they sounded almost the same with none of the shrillness removed. I've never had this problem with any iem I've ever owned and I've owned a lot of cheap ones. The bass was nice, but not $150 nice. I can see why people on here don't like them. Someone said they are like the abercrombie of headphones and I think they are right. The build quality seemed good except for the control talk which seemed a little flimsy.

Summery: Save your money. You can get better IEMs for a lower price such as the Shure 215 and S4i made by klipesh I think. If you just have to have the beats, get the Diddy Beats, i have them and they won't fatigue your ears like these do, just don't expect a lot from them. I'm returning these and going to check out the power beats tomorrow just for the hell of it. If someone gave me the beats tours, I'd give them back.

Best uses: decoration, AM radio, learning about ear fatigue

Best uses: decoration, AM radio, learning about ear fatigue :))
That best uses bit was hilarious.
Good to hear that these are just as terrible as I had imagined they would be after seeing all the pairs I do around campus...