Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Reviews

Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Reviews

Positive Reviews

skfktkwjs

Clean, Balanced, and Natural.

Pros: Clarity, Deep, Tight and Fast Audiofile Bass, Natural, Clear Mid, Crystal Clear Highs, Design, Isolation, audiophile quality sound

Cons: Lack of accessory, Bit of sound leaking, Some might fine it bit harsh on treble, not for bass head or bass emphasized lover.

I will describe it very simply since I am not English speaker...   H6 was demoed with ipod Touch 5thG Galaxy Note2 ifi audio ican + idac.   I owns some of flagship headphone like grado PS1000, Gs1000, Audeze LCD-2 Beyerdynamic T90 AKG K702 etc    so I think I know what I am talking about.   Out of all the B&o earphone and headphone series (except U70 cuz I never tried) H6 shows the best performance.    I personally don't like B&o Due to over priced products.(So I hate New H3 in-ear)    However H6 has changed my impression of B&o.    H6 has what we call audiofile bass. Its Deep Clean Tight and...

Negative Reviews

Krisman

Colored, very shallow sound stage and massively overpriced given the compeition

Pros: Build quality, comfort. 'Fun' sound

Cons: Everything else

I will keep this ultra short. I spent 3 weeks with these and by the end I had had enough.   At first they 'wow' the user with a lovely full bodied and detailed sound but after a few hours (these had already been listened to for well in excess of 20 hours by a friend) the cracks start to appear. That lovely bass extension that was so impressive at first begins to tire, that detail in the highs begins to draw attention to the lack of mids. That price tag begins to look ridiculous given how little you have to spend these days for a good set of cans.   All in all I cannot recommend these at their price point. Sure they look and feel great but if you are even remotely serious...

More Reviews

BillsonChang007

Best Portable Audiophile + Luxury Headphone

Pros: Comfortable, neutral and natural, folds flat for portable, luxury build quality and design

Cons: Some may find it lacking in bass, lack of warm, and may sound boring to some as well

First Impressions   Bang & Olufsen were established since 1925. I was looking at their stunning products. It was really creative, and a lot of technologies were put in each and every of their products to make sure things are near perfect and simple to use for everyone and at everywhere. All of their products define how great the effort was put into it by Bang & Olufsen's team making a product that everyone can use. I strongly believe that their universal control best describes it. It was designed 20 years ago for controlling everything you can find in Bang & Olufsen. It is not as complicated as you may think, it's simple. It's intelligent. It's convenient. Just like...
KennethRoberts

Fantastically detailed sound, world-class design and easy wearability, all for a very reasonable price.

Pros: Detailed highs, smooth mids, textured lows, wide soundstage, precise imaging, gorgeous design.

Cons: While it can be driven by an iPhone, the BeoPlay H6 requires a dedicated amp to do its best work.

Background When I first got word that Bang & Olufsen would be releasing a new full-size headphone, I could barely contain my excitement. As a long-time B&O customer, I appreciate the unique blend of no-compromise performance, quality and design for which B&O is legendary. My B&O home system, a pair of bookshelf speakers with a sub, has given me countless hours of enjoyment. Let me tell you: My system has knocked the socks off more than one old-school audiophile who, before hearing it, thought B&O was just about good looks.    Yes, B&O's kit looks spectacular. But the company doesn't make vacuous supermodels with empty space between the ears. B&O...
Felltrommler

Great Headphone!

Pros: Very "flat" sound, perfekt for classic, and all music. Build quality and comfort in absolute perfection!

Cons: Strong annoying Cable-Sounds, and the original cable with is too short for HiFi-Use.

This Headphone is a masterpiece.   Design and/or Quality could´t been better!   But all cables transmitting annoying sounds to the side they are connected in. Not perfect! Special not for a mobile headphone, when you move your head all the time. The good mobile-thing is that the are lightweight.   The sound is very flat to my ears, and nice for hours and hours of listening!   They sound B&O style "soft" but not "washed".   The bass is precise, but not freaky fat. Well balanced sound, medium good "sound-stage".   After hours you still don´t feel them on your ears or head. (I don´t know how they are in summer!)   The...
Fercd

Bang & Olufsen Finally Got It Right

Pros: Flat, Neutral, Comfort, Great Looks, Lightweight, Build Quality

Cons: Sensitivity

Hi,   I made a video review of Bang & Olufsen H6. Most of the important things are covered in the video so I'll keep it brief here.    YOUTUBE LINK http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TQINmkUzTQ   BUILD & COMFORT The overall build quality is great. It's sturdy but lightweight. The top part of the headband is made out of leather. The leather is not very smooth but it's very nice. The ear cup is also covered in soft leather. It is very comfortable, because it's light and doesn't squeeze your head too tightly. I can literally wear it for hours until I fall asleep.    SOUND QUALITY The sound is surprisingly flat, but a little bit on...