Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Earbuds › Baldoor EarBell E100 › Reviews › BenF's Review

Excellent earbud with a balanced sound

A Review On: Baldoor EarBell E100

Baldoor EarBell E100

Rated # 3 in Earbuds
BenF
Posted · Updated · 1883 Views · 9 Comments

Pros: Build quality is great, sound quality exceeds >100$ earbuds.

Cons: None

This earbud caught my eye because I thought it was the most beautiful earbud ever.
I bought it purely for its looks, didn't have high expectation for the sound.

Build Quality:
When I received it, it looked more plastick-y than in the pictures, but still very beautiful.
It also came with 3 pairs of doughnut foams - a rarity these days.
The build quality is great, cable and plug are very good.
Cable is totally non-microphonic, best cable I ever seen.

Fit:
They look quite large, but I didn't experience any fit issues.
Due to their shape, they can't be pointed directly into the ear canal, but even angling them a little makes a lot of difference.

Sound Quality:
I listened to it out of the box - and was pleasantly surprised. It was clear this would be a top contender. I've burned them for a couple of days, and enjoyed them for the last few weeks.

Baldoor did a great job tuning these - very balanced and clear. They sound practically identical to TG-JL1.
At first, I thought it was another incarnation of TG-JL1, but it seems to have a single diaphragm.
I would say that these are 95% of TG-JL1. Not sure if I could tell them apart in a blind A/B session.
Compared to Yuin PK1, the EarBell has a bit more bass, lusher mids and less bright (although well extended) highs.

Price/availability:
The price on Amazon and eBay for US head-fiers is 15-16$ shipped, non-US members can buy on Aliexpress at 18.99$ shipped.

There is also the version with a microphone at 25.6$ shipped, but I don't know if it sounds as good. Introduction of additional circuitry often decreases SQ.

Conclusion:
At 15-20$ (depending on your location) this is an excellent balanced earbud - a very rare occasion. Most earbuds in this group sound veiled and boring - but not E100.
The discussion/impressions thread is here:

My current earbud ratings are

TG-38S = TG-JL1 > E100 > BE5 > PK1 > M760 > M1 >= ANV3SE > PK2 = ANV3 > M2C > M3 > ES10 > AP8

Or in terms everyone can understand

16$ = 31$ > 19$ > 95$ > 160$ > 26$ > 15$ >= 100$ > 80$ = 70$ > 50$  > 13$ > 6$ > 12$

Surprising to hear that $20 earbuds are sounding so well. Can they be compared to Sennheiser MX985?? Many headfiers say that mx985 are the best earbuds ever made. Given the option which are better TG-38s or E100 as JL1 are not available anywhere. Also consider the fitting issue.
I don't have MX985, so can't comment on it.
TG-38S is the best earbud for U-shaped sound, EarBell is the best for balanced sound.
Dasetn M760 is the best earbud for "mids forward" sound.
They all complete each other.
All of them are easy to fit.
I'm currently using KSC-75 and RE262. What would you suggest me out of E100 and TG-38S?
Definitely E100
could you please explain more about the sound of earbell e100. This review has nothing but the comparison with TG-JL1. Not everyone have them. Would like to have a traditional way of review about lows, mids, highs, soundstage, imaging, instruments positioning etc. everything in detail.
 I'm curious to buy these but in India $20 is still INR1200 (not very cheap actually). Need strong reviews to confirm purchase.
You can read PK1 reviews - it's a 160$ universally acclaimed earbud. Then add punchier bass, lusher mids and less sibilant highs. If this doesn't make you want to buy, nothing will.
BTW, it's 19$ now, the seller lowered the price to attract more buyers.
soundstage is very narrow, isnt it BenF?
I have a pair of $60 Sony MDR-EX310, would it be worth buying these or is the pair I have better? From the high praise I am very interested in hearing these, but I'm on a very tight budget(plenty of other gear I am looking at).