Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone - Black

AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone - Black

Rated #148 in Universal Fit

Pros: Very Cheap for the sound you get, great isolation, Banging Bass, decent mids, good for "dark" sounding music, Flat cable

Cons: Bad Treble, not so good for "bright" sounding music

For 6.5$ you can't do much better, very fun sounding earphones and relatively comfortable.

These sound almost like 30$ AKG on ears headphones.

Sound very good in Psy Trance, Rap and some acoustical rock but sound only decent with brighter music.

Comes with a one click remote that can pause the music in one click and moves to the next track in 2 quick clicks (but that doesn't always work) - tested with doubletwist music player.

Would rate this 5 stars if i wasn't worried about the build quality. At this price just buy 2 :cool:

Pros: Sound quality, Price, Solid Built.

Cons: Highs

Ok, this is my first review and I'm going to try to make this as simple as possible and keep it short. About a week ago, I received this pair of headphones. I've read some extremely good feedback on other sites and I though, why not? I managed to get a pair online that were on sale (0.7 dollars cheaper, how good is that?!). I received them last week, so I've been able to test them for a while, and this is my conclusion:

Box:

(I would love to put a picture right here, but apparently my account doesn't have permission to do so?)

The packing was very good, not only from the seller, but also from Awei. It included the headphones, 3 different size pairs of ear tips (including the one that's already on), a clip on and a small bag. Pretty good for 9 dollars. I can also mention that the quality of the accessories were good.

Headphones:

(It should be a picture here too, do you see the pattern?)

My English is not describe-the-headphones-from-china-with-a-bit-odd-design good, so I unfortunately have to skip that. Sorry.

The headphones feel very solid. I'm no material master, and the headphones are most likely made in plastic, but they actually don't feel like that. The material feels a bit cold and is not at all easily bent like plastic. It feels like some sort of metal. But then again, I don't know anything about that. The cable is flat and does not tangle easy at all, and when it does, it's very easy to make it straight again. Big plus.

Comfort:

These are my first in-ear headphones, so of course they feel a bit uncomfortable in my ears. But I guess that's something that every other in-ear would do too, so nothing to complain about in here.

Sound Quality:

(Pretend that there are really good looking headphones here)

And now to the important part, the sound quality. All feedback a read before the purchase actually had a point.The sound quality of these headphones were extremely good for that price. But first, lets get rid of the one con I could find about the sound: I feel like the highs are not to good, or, they are not as good as the mids and lows. It could be disturbing, but easily overlooked with that price.

The sound of the headphones is very high. I usually play my music around the volume 50-70% with my Apple earbuds on my iPhone, but with these phones, I'll settle with 30-40%.  I don't see this as a problem at all, I actually think it's better. The sound quality is very pleasing. I can differ all the different instruments and it is just a very clear sound. The lack of highs does not at all bother me when the lows and mids are so good. And yes, they are actually so good. It was a surprise to me, but it's true. They could be compared with some of the more expensive headphones in the mid-low area.

Conclussion:

I'm very happy with the purchase of these headphones. They are a real bargain. I'll probably use them for a while, either until they break, or until a but a new pair. The sound quality is very good for the price and I really recommend them to others. And once again, sorry for the no-pictures problem..

No member lists contain this item yet.
AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone - Black
By:

Features:Excellent stereo soundHigh quality microphone ensures clear soundCompatible with PC, notebook, desktop, iPod Nano, Mp3, Mp4 player, iphone/ipod, Android Phone etcUsing extraordinary stereo effect-with the moving coil magnet neodymium high-end type to lift up the voice device system, reproduce natural voiceStylish human engineering design and with soft silicon ear gel, ensuring you have comfortable feeling when wearing on metallic earbudsSpecifications:Brand: AWEIProduct Model: ES-900iSensitivity: 110dBImpedance: 16ohms +/- 15%Driver: 11.5mmFrequency Response: 20 to 20000HzEarphone Type: Wired headsetCable Length: 120cm (Flat cable design)Connector: 3.5mm jackSafety Approval: ISO 9001, FCC, ROHS, CEColor: BlackPackage includes:1 * Earphone

BindingElectronics
BrandAWEI
EAN0887898407810
FeatureExcellent stereo sound High quality microphone ensures clear sound Compatible with PC, notebook, desktop, iPod Nano, Mp3, Mp4 player, iphone/ipod, Android Phone etc Using extraordinary stereo effect-with the moving coil magnet neodymium high-end type to lift up the voice device system, reproduce natural voice Stylish human engineering design and with soft silicon ear gel, ensuring you have comfortable feeling when wearing on metallic earbuds
LabelAWEI