Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Aurisonics ASG-2 › Aurisonics ASG-2 Reviews

Aurisonics ASG-2 Reviews

eke2k6

Top Tier sound

Pros: Ergonomics, Accessories, Sound, Price

Cons: Potentially too much bass

Introduction     The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are generally tuned for stage use. Their original ASG-1 was a perfect example of this, with its ability to present vocals in a way that made it seem as if the notes were rolling off your own tongue. The ASG-1's various revisions were good in their own right, but they always seemed to lack something...treble. As I noted in my review, the treble was very refined and timbre was spot on, but there was hardly any of it there. I, along with a few other owners, took to EQ to raise the levels....
zhouf

Fits, Hits, Woohoo

Background: When I received my ASG’s, the only headphones I had in my possession were the Audeo PFE 232.  I had had the 232’s for about two months, and had grown used to the neutral sound signature by the time my ASG-2’s arrived. As with all of my reviews, I let my headphones burn in naturally. I don’t use pink noise or white noise – I just use my headphones and after about a hundred hours (five-six weeks) have elapsed, I know the headphones have settled into a more-or-less permanent state.   Source: Macbook Pro / iPhone 5 (no DAC’s)   Initial Notes and First Impressions:   Bass. Bass. Bass. Surprisingly low and impactful bass. I guess I had forgotten what bass...