Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Aune T1 › Reviews › harshtimez's Review

Aune T1 is cool looking and sounds great.

A Review On: Aune T1

Aune T1

Rated # 30 in Desktop Amps
Quality
harshtimez

Pros: Value, build, and sound quality.

Cons: Just goes to 96khz. But that doesn't bother me.

My System:

Imac 27”

Audirvana (updated)

Aune T1 with EH 6922 tube

Audio Technica ATH-50M Headphones

I’ve had my Aune T1 for about a month now. I paid $188 from Sweetwater in Canada, that included shipping. Took about 2 weeks to get to my place on the West Coast. I bought strictly for playing music off my Imac and into my headphones.

I’ve owned a Schiit Bifrost, HRT iStreamer, CalyX Coffee, Cambridge DACMagic, and Audioquest Dragonfly.

The Aune T1 is not close to a BiFrost, but close to the DACMagic and Dragonfly. I would purchase the Aune T1 over the DACMagic and Dragonfly if I had to chose. It looks cool, has tubes, and is always a conversation starter. No one sees a Dragonfly and a DACMagic looks like an old wireless router. Fact is, I love when people ask me about gear when they notice a piece of gear. This is of my subjective opinion. Nothing against any other DACS.

Build: 4/5

Sound: 3.5/5 (Hi-end DACS usually being a 5,  for your reference. The 3 is solid)

Value: 5/5

Misc: 5/5 (headphone amp, tubes, and gain settings are not usually on $200 and under DACS).

Comments: