Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Aune T1 › Aune T1 Reviews

Aune T1 Reviews

mikoss

Roll your own beautiful sounding budget DAC/amp

Pros: Many tube-rolling options, works well with high impedance cans, performance for price is great

Cons: Gets physically hot, needs desktop (less portable than some combos), stock amp is mediocore

The Aune T1 is a great DAC/amp combo on a budget, with the ability for tube-rolling which makes it a winner compared to other portable solid state DAC/amp combos in its price range. I reviewed my T1 listening on Sennheiser HD 650s, and I think it pairs up very nicely with them.     Packaging   My T1 came packaged in a nice cardboard box, with plenty of foam packing to prevent damage to any components. The tube also came packaged inside the foam, as it is quite fragile. If you're unboxing your T1, make sure to look for the tube inside the foam packaging, as some others have missed it! Also included is an instruction guide, USB cable, and wall adapter (there are two...
harshtimez

Aune T1 is cool looking and sounds great.

Pros: Value, build, and sound quality.

Cons: Just goes to 96khz. But that doesn't bother me.

My System:   Imac 27” Audirvana (updated) Aune T1 with EH 6922 tube Audio Technica ATH-50M Headphones   I’ve had my Aune T1 for about a month now. I paid $188 from Sweetwater in Canada, that included shipping. Took about 2 weeks to get to my place on the West Coast. I bought strictly for playing music off my Imac and into my headphones.   I’ve owned a Schiit Bifrost, HRT iStreamer, CalyX Coffee, Cambridge DACMagic, and Audioquest Dragonfly.   The Aune T1 is not close to a BiFrost, but close to the DACMagic and Dragonfly. I would purchase the Aune T1 over the DACMagic and Dragonfly if I had to chose. It looks cool, has tubes, and is always a...
Paspie

A nice midrange desktop amp, using 6922 type valves

Pros: Smooth, well balanced sound, easy setup, good build quality/materials

Cons: Can be slightly civilised at times, heat management is questionable

This has been a very nice DAC/Amp for my Koss Pro 3AA phones, and while I haven't figured out some of its features (e.g. the gain controls on the base of the unit) I can understand the use it would be for someone. The only thing that concerns me is that after several hours, both the casing and the tube become incredibly hot and this contributes to distortion that I experience regularly. I have to unplug the valve regularly, and this raises concerns for me about the longevity of the electronics. Otherwise though, it has served me well, but anyone who is a sucker for reliability should probably stay away.
teb1013

Excellent value great sound

Pros: Great tube sound, small attractive, well built, inexpensive.

Cons: None yet

This little unit is everything I hoped it would be. It makes a big improvement in sound over my Fiio E7 through my Sennheiser HD558s.
Rboin

my first amateur dac/amp

Pros: tube, cheap, good looking

Cons: not portable

Hi, i am a new comer in head fi, i am studying in beijing, and thanks to headfi, i bought aune t1. Yes they have none of the 6n11 tube anymore, mine come with eh 6922, which actually sells for usd 12 in China. (Of course i get better warranty :) ). I have used senn px 100 for 4 years and just decided to enjoy more music by getting the akg k240 mk2. Only to find out that other guys "cried" for having a usb dac and amp to power them. So i buy this aune t1, it hurts me a lot that quality is expensive. But yes i also cried the first time i listened to it.    I have to admit that I need to learn the word "sound stage", "airy", "analytical". But here is my short review...