Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Computer Audio › Sound Cards › Audiophilleo 1 › Audiophilleo 1 Reviews

Audiophilleo 1 Reviews

Currawong

Made for a significant improvement to my DACs.

Pros: Small, feature-laden, jitter measures LOWER than advertised, sound improvement was significant.

Cons: You can buy the Audiophilleo 2 for almost half the price if you don't need the features and get the same sound quality.

Some years ago I upgraded the clock in a fairly inexpensive DAC experimentally and realised the importance of the quality of the digital input to the quality of the sound output. It wasn't long after that a number of companies came out with digital converters, especially USB ones, since the quality of USB inputs in DACs at the time was generally poor. They also allowed older DACs without USB to be used directly from a computer in a manner that improved over the usually low-quality optical or coax S/PDIF outputs available.   I scratched my head for a long time over whether to buy a Halide Bridge or something from Empirical Audio. While I pondered what to get,...