Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) Reviews

Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) Reviews

Loquah

Sneaky fun sounding IEM

Pros: Smooth, easy to listen to, outstanding mid-range

Cons: Rolled-off treble may not be for some

Before I get started, I’d like to thank the team at Audiofly and Billy from Noisy Motel for making this tour possible. I know that the AF140s have received some criticism so far which is always a risk during a tour, but I tend to agree with @djvkool's rating of the AF140s and honestly believe that the criticism from others is misplaced and a result of personal tastes (which we are all completely entitled to) as opposed to a product design flaw. I believe the AF140s hits its brief as perfectly – it’s just that the brief in question isn’t for everyone and that’s fine. Read on to see if it might be for you…   Overview   The AF140s are one of the four new IEMs in Audiofly’s...
redrich2000

Warm, sweet and smooth

Pros: Lovely, controlled base, sweet and smooth mids

Cons: Treble a bit rolled off

I'm the first to post a review of these from the Australian tour. So first up, thanks to Audiofly, Noisy Motel and djvkool for making it happen. Now some eye candy:         Build and Aesthetics: In a word, superb. Like the other Audiofly gear I've seen, these are beautiful and very solid. Well made and with cool detailing that you expect from the big boys like Sennheiser, not from small boutiques. The case is really nice, it's a canvas material which is a nice change from the usual nylon. The cable is great, cordura covered and a little longer than usual, which is useful without being too long.    Sound: Generally these are warm, smooth and...