Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) Reviews

Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) Reviews

ZapX629

Sound Reality? Yes Indeed.

Pros: Remarkably realistic sound reproduction, beautiful depth, clean and crisp across the frequency range, fun and lively

Cons: Must be imported for best prices, would expect a little more from the cable of an IEM of this quality, slightly microphonic.

I've had my eye on the Audio Technica CKR series for a good while now. Reading reviews from Head-fiers earfonia and vlenbo had me as excited to hear them as I've been about any headphone. Since I've been exploring other AT products in recent months, including the excellent value IM50 and IM70, it only made sense for me to buy a pair of their higher end budget headphones and the CKR9 was just what I was looking for.    Build/Design/Accessories   Audio Technica touts the CKR9 as having the world's first dual phase "push-pull" driver system. This means that rather than having the drivers in sequence like the "symphonic" drivers of the IM50 and IM70, the CKR9's...
peter123

Dual Dynamic Pleasure!

Pros: Amazing bass quality and great comfort

Cons: Not enough tips included

The ATH-CK9’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica.   Built and accessories: The ATH-CKR9 is a dual dynamic IEM featuring two 13mm drivers. The drivers are mounted to face each other and are wired out of phase, Audio-Technica calls this “dual phase push-pull driver system”. Housing is made of aluminum and overall build quality feels very good. The design looks as if it was made for detachable cables but unfortunately that’s not the case. The housings are fairly large but the design with a pretty shallow fit still makes them very comfortable to wear. I’ve got small ear canals but these stay well in my ears and I also use them in bed while...
k4rstar

ATH-CKR9: Not just a tagline

Pros: Crisp and lively highs, forward and clear mid-range, best bass response I have heard in an IEM to date

Cons: Poor accessories package, god-awful cable, sound signature may be altered by break-in

ATH-CKR9: Not just a tagline Please note: this review isn't finalized and I plan on adding additional images and refining some sections shortly. However, my overall impressions are certainly final. Introduction   First, a disclaimer: I purchased the CKR9 ($150USD) with my own money after conducting my own research, and thus this is my unbiased (and highly subjective) opinion. A special thank you to @peter123 for his initial review and personal recommendation of these to me, as well as Stereo Electronics over in Singapore for excellent customer service.   With only one review prior to this one under my belt, I still have a lot to learn and as such any and all advice...