Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Audio Technica Headphones ATH-WS55

Audio Technica Headphones ATH-WS55

Rated #340 in Over-Ear

Pros: Tight crisp bass,easily driven by laptop or iPod

Cons: Clamping force

I bought these headphones because I needed a closed back design to keep my wife happy.At the time I had purchased the Sennheiser HD-598's based on all the positive reviews,however they just not have the bottom end I was looking for.

Well now I can honestly say these inexpensive cans have some serious low end! Keep in mind that we are talking about headphones for well under $100.The overall sound is also very good IMHO.They pair well with my iPod shuffle and play to some substantial decibel levels,as I tend to to prefer music very loud.

The Solid Bass headphones are not really designed to pair with an amp,although they do sound good they will run out of steam with too much power.

The biggest draw back to the AT-W55 is comfort.The initial clamping force was almost unbearable,but they have eased up over time.The pads themselves are comfy but after longer listening sessions my ears start to hurt.

I recently purchased some Beyerdynamic DT-770's and did an A/B comparison and the Audio Technica's blew them away as far as bass is concerned.

All in all I highly recommend these phones for portable use,however the clamping force will take some time to loosen up,but if you are a Basshead you will not be disappointed.with these cans..

Audio Technica Headphones ATH-WS55

The ATH-WS55 Solid Bass headphones deliver incredibly full and textured bass, along with the astonishing clarity and fidelity for which Audio-Technica is renowned. Audio-Technicaâ?TMs sophisticated driver technology and superior components deliver exceptional power handling, maintaining clarity of sound throughout their extended range. The headphones feature 40 mm drivers for powerful sound and efficient signal transfer.

BindingElectronics
BrandAudio-Technica
EAN4961310112806
FeatureSOLID BASS system closed dynamic headphones 40mm drivers Maximum Input: 500mW, Impedance: 40ohms, Sensitivity: 100dB/mW Frequency Response: 10-24,000Hz, Cord Length: 1.2m , Weight: 165g (w/o cord) Plug: Stereo Mini Gold-plated 3.5mm L-shaped 1 year Japan warranty
Labelaudio-technica
Manufactureraudio-technica
ModelATH-WS55 BRD
MPNATH-WS55 BRD
Publisheraudio-technica
Studioaudio-technica
TitleAudio Technica Headphones ATH-WS55 BLACK & RED (Japan Import)
SKUATH-WS55-BRD