Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S › Reviews › doctorlol's Review

Now that's what I call reality!

A Review On: Audio-Technica ATH-M50S

Audio-Technica ATH-M50S

doctorlol
Posted · 79 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Value for money without the marketing hype!

Cons: Such a good fit, that they are a little warm on the ear.

A new subscriber, but with a good ear and old enough to avoid being sold by marketing alone. The ability to judge a number of over the ear headphones, without the need for active noise-cancelling, makes the choice of a purchase a predictable pathway. My budget allowed me to examine all contenders up to £500, or $750. I also went down to £100 or $150. I auditioned several headphones and then sourced the ATH-M50 from musicmatters in the NW of England. Delivered by FedEx the following day at no extra cost, BTW no vested interest in this or any other companies. I can just detect the difference with or without a portable amplifier, when connected to an iPod, better with the amplifier. I assume they improve with age and burn-in. So the cost of £126.00 was well worth the investment. I will contribute another missive when the headphones are more mature.

1 Comment:

I noticed a very nice improvement in my ATH-M50 (white coiled cord model) after something like 20 to 40 hours of burn-in. I don't think they've changed since then, but there was a big improvement during the first week compared with when I first got them out of the box. Enjoy!