Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S › Reviews › Huntbald's Review

Amazing

A Review On: Audio-Technica ATH-M50S

Audio-Technica ATH-M50S

Huntbald

Pros: Looks Cool, Sounds Great, Best headphones I have ever owned.

Cons: Overwhelming bass sometimes, not open backed.

I got these headphones after my Audio Technica ATH-M30s get stepped on at my cabin (baby brother pulled them off the counter...) Let me say. Best dumb luck ever. These headphones make you hear everything from quiet breathing to every crashing cymbal. I am a fan of a lot of classic rock (Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Boston, Journey, The Animals, The Who and some newerish rock like Pearl Jam,Nirvana,Audioslave,Alice in Chains). I also have modded them taken out the white foam disk behind the driver (forgot what it's called tongue.gif) and removing the foam piece on the ear pad itself and it sounds better to me. The only downside I have is that I like the sound of open back headphones preferably the Grado SR-60i and that the bass sometimes drowns out a lot of the other sounds. Other than that these headphones are great! biggrin.gif (With mod bass calms a little. There is still a little too much though. mad.gif )

Comments: