Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S › Reviews › National's Review

Not legendary at all, but amazingly decent.

A Review On: Audio-Technica ATH-M50S

Audio-Technica ATH-M50S

National
Posted · 41 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Great value, bass is authoritative, foldable. Quite stylish,

Cons: Mids feel recessed due to the bass. Soundstage isn't very large.

I'll admit I used to think that these were really 'overrated'.

Then I bought them, just to see what the fuss was about. I figured that if I didn't like them, I could return them.

At first, I found them pretty underwhelming.

10 hours later, I realized that these were worth every dollar. I'm not sure if it's really because of the 'burn-in', or if it's just my ears getting used to it. But either way, I fell in love with these.

It's been a while since I've had them, and I still enjoy listening to them. Sometimes I like them more than the K701s. They don't sound as amazing, but you know - it's something that I'm not afraid to carry around. They're closed, they're foldable, they're stylish, and not so expensive that I need to worry about breaking them.

In the end, I don't really think they're as overrated as people say. Maybe it is overrated since these are commonly the first pair of good headphones people buy. But even owning the K701, HD598, and the SR325i, I still find these a worthy addition to my collection.

They're so........decent.

1 Comment:

Decent isn't polar enough of a word for Head-Fi. You're not a true audiophile unless it sucks or it's awesome ^_^