Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S › Reviews › Beanbaker's Review

Awesome

A Review On: Audio-Technica ATH-M50S

Audio-Technica ATH-M50S

Beanbaker

Pros: Sweet design, nice pads, Great quality

Cons: Too tight around head, annoying jack, expensive

I'll try to keep this short smily_headphones1.gif

I'm very impressed with this set of cans. As other reviews say: The quality is awesome. They have nice, strong bass, nice highs, and nice mids (not sure why eveyone says they're recessive. They sound fine to me, but I'm not quite yet an audiophile.

These headphones do have a downside, though (from my experience, at least). They really clamp on your head. Hopefully they will start to feel better over time, but as of now: they are tight. Next, the damn jack. That thing had me freaked out at first. First, try to just put it in your computer. See if it works fine. If it doesn't, do not worry: you just didn't jam that ******* in. On my laptop, I had to seriously push that thing in. Then it performed very well.

I can't tell you if you should purchase these, because they are my first serious cans. I think they are on the expensive side, but it's not terrible. For $150, I'm enjoying the hell out of these M50s. I definitely made the right choice.

EDIT: The clamp is easily fixed. I have been stretching them out and it worked like a charm! They fit amazingly now.

Some people here listen to their gear through music. Thats what being an "audiophile" is to me. Don't you ever become one of those persons.
lol im pretty sure being an audiophile is analyzing music with the best **** u cant get and then telling people about it
They do start to feel better over time. I've had mine for 5 years. They are super durable so I often take them places. I need to replace the pads as they started to crack over time.
I got lucky with my purchase, though. I got them before the redesign when they were cheaper - $90 brand new on Ebay. At the new price, many audiophiles are saying you can do better than M50s.