Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S › Reviews › Serprah's Review

Superior Sound! Almost as good as my 1500 dollar Grado's

A Review On: Audio-Technica ATH-M50S

Audio-Technica ATH-M50S

Serprah

Pros: Great sound, good bass, balanced lows, mids, and highs

Cons: Long Cable

These things are amazing! After about two hours on burn in these really shined. I own a 1500 dollar pair of Grado's and the Seinheiser 650 (both great brands), and these M50s compete with them. I honestly would of never spent that much money on headphones if I tried these out first. Very durable.

If they shined with 2 hours of burn in you should probable give tim a fair while longer!
Curious at your comments .........
Which model Grados? I see you haven't listed them - or the HD650 - in your profile, yet you've listed the M50? And what amp and dac combo were you using for the mystery Grado, and also the HD650 (you have no amps or dacs listed)?
Just my opinion - as I've spent time with the HD650 (own the HD600) and also the M50 (which I never really rated that highly) - and IMO the M50 is not even close to the same class as the Senns.
Wth? You started a thread where you asked which one to get: these headphones or Logitech G35's. Now you bought these and say they are better than 1500$ grados you never owned. troll much?
If you listen to bass heavy electronic music out of your i-device with crappy bitrate these are really good. Better choice than say PS1000 and GS1000 for sure.