Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Audio-Technica ATH-M50s/LE Limited Edition Professional Studio Monitor Headphones › Audio-Technica ATH-M50s/LE Limited Edition Professional Studio Monitor Headphones Reviews

acrox999

Excellent for Starters

Pros: Balanced sound, controlled bass, not too bright

Cons: Earpads get uncomfortable at times, clamping force loosen after a while

As this is my first headphones that costed me over 50$, I kind of regretting buying it at first, because it costed too much. But after a while, I listen to it more and more and I came to like it. Very much. It felt very comfortable at first, but after a while, the pad hardens. I heard that the M50 pads has pads hardening issue, but from what I was told at the place where I bought it, they said I should always wipe the pads with a wet cloth and let it dry to prevent the pads from the hardening. Too late, it had already happened, and I only get to know of such information after 11 months of using it (and it's mostly due to me being a heavy sweater). The headband is very soft and...
Shunrei

I can't really find a really nice upgrade from this headphones

Pros: Wonderful sound it sends to my ear,

Cons: More bass, more soundstage, more comfort

When i first bought this headphones i feel like "What the hell did i paid this for?" The sound was like coming out of my $10 and i was disappointed, the urge to sell them piled up and i was desperately listen to my music with them (ATH M50 LE was my first over $100 headphones back then, i can't really tell what kind of sound deserve how much money), but after a few hours of burn in (more than 100 hours i think), i think "Man.. this headphones made a big difference." They are pretty good in my ears, the sound feels warm, and there are noticeable different from the original M50, i used to be amazed with my friend DT-770 250 Ohm, but now i don't really feel like that anymore. ...
salanos

Fifty years of gratitude, expressed in traditional sound

Pros: Audio-Technica's bright house sound, quality bass, clarity, comfort, versatility, Anniversary exclusivity and design

Cons: Slightly recessed low-mids, slightly harsh upper-mids,

Saddle up - this is actually pretty long now that i've read it myself The Audio-Technica ATH-M50, and its variations, is a pair of headphones I acknowledge%r0to be simultaneously loved and hated around here on Head-Fi, for their sound-for-money and hype, respectively. I'm new to Head-Fi (having just joined to leave this review), but I have been lurking about as a guest from time to time, especially on that one thread that's a collection of IEM reviews, as well as a few discussions on the output quality of various superphones. I finally decided to buy the ATH-M50s/LE after some deliberation over whether I ought to buy headphones at all, given that I liked their audio signature and...