Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Audio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Black › Reviews › icemanmusic's Review

entertaining on ear phones

A Review On: Audio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Black

Audio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Black

Rated # 34 in On-Ear
Amazon.com
icemanmusic

Pros: Great sound, good detail, fun engaging listen

Cons: uncomfortable

the ES7 were my first 'expensive' headphone. I'd never spent more than $50 previously. Buying these was the start of my headphone passion. I'd always been a hi-fi stereo person, as i need to feel bass, i don't like it boomy or over whelming but i need to feel it. I thought i could never get a similar sensation from headphones so i never bothered buying mor than cheap upgrades over the awful sound from stock earphones.

The ES7's were a revelation to my ears.  brilliant engaging sound with deep bass and wonderful clarity (i began to hear things my $50 cheapo phones never even hinted at. I was amazed at the tight bass the detailed mids and eye blinking highs. music sounded good again while i was walking around.

Sadly for all the audio nirvana theres one part that lets the team down... Comfort. after only 30 minutes the strong clamping on ear design starts to make my ears ache. It's a shame, if they were more comfortable i think they'd be worthy of 4-5 stars, but the comfort takes them down to 3.5 stars.

The headphones have a great design, the shiny earcups are quite bling and look good as you walk down streets. the fold-ability make carrying and storing them an easy task.

In all the audio they produce is wonderfully engaging. But the comfort lets the team down. Still highly recommended for frequent short distance travelers who need the best sound possible from extremely portable headphones.

Comments: