Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones Reviews

Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones Reviews

King of portable headphones

Pros: best sound in portable category, look, easy to drive

Cons: mediocre sound isolation, synthetic leather ear pads

Best sound i ever heard from closed-up portables. Every headphones i have tried after es10, sounds boring, without bass and muffled. I was never after big opened up headphones for home listening. No doubt ES10 cant compete with those. But in category of portable headphones, es10 is the king. And here is why:   Sound bass - 53mm drivers can produce bass, which 42mm cant. It is not just about quantity, but also about how low it goes and how detailed and accurate it is. soundstage - very close due to its slim profile highs - no harshness or sibilance, lots of details there compared to for example es700 and probably most of portables mids - great mids, good vocals (very much like...

Audio Technica ES10,000,000

Pros: Angelic highs

Cons: Demonic bass

I like this headphone a lot.   My initial thoughts are... undertones of cherry walnut, infused with Goji berry from the fifth mountain of Ming valley watercrest, beckoned by the hurricane of Sakura, the tiger can't reach the candle.     Read more here - http://www.head-fi.org/t/545288/audio-technica-ath-es-10-appreciation-thread/120#post_8522317

End of Journey

Pros: Sound, Comfort, Lightweight, Build quality

Cons: Price, Blink Blink looks might not suit everyone

I've own most Audio Technica Portables (es7, esw9, esw10jpn, m50) and some other phone (Denon a100, tried Ultrasone 780 & 580). And This is by far my best choice. This may not be as good as esw10 but it is much more comfortable. Unlike esw10 that has huge amount of clamping force, es10 pads sits lightly on your ears. Other than that the build quality in this non limited edition seems more sturdy than the esw10, I think the Denon A100 also have worse build quality compared to this, so I think this is my perfect portable phone: Sturdy, lightweight, comfortable, and beautiful (this may vary).   The sound is also not that bad; I think it sounds great; well it's sounds more...

M50 Twin?

Pros: Warm and balanced sound, authoritative bass extension and weight, non-fatiguing

Cons: Could be more airy and articulate

For a portable, the ES-10 has surprisingly substantial sub-bass--very similar to the M50, with both able to almost match the D7000 all the way down to 30Hz (although the D7000 does it effortlessly, while the two AT models struggle a little bit more). In fact. The ES-10 and the M50 sounded so similar to the point where I wondered if they use the same driver. It's a pleasant and warm sound without any sibilance, but not as articulate or airy as I'd like. Being a portable on-the-ear is fine since it's actually pretty comfortable, but I still prefer to not have something pressing on my ears at all. I wouldn't pick the ES-10 over the M50 since the M50 costs less than half but sounds so...