Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones Reviews

Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones Reviews

kiteki

Audio Technica ES10,000,000

Pros: Angelic highs

Cons: Demonic bass

I like this headphone a lot.   My initial thoughts are... undertones of cherry walnut, infused with Goji berry from the fifth mountain of Ming valley watercrest, beckoned by the hurricane of Sakura, the tiger can't reach the candle.     Read more here - http://www.head-fi.org/t/545288/audio-technica-ath-es-10-appreciation-thread/120#post_8522317
Squirelrepublic

End of Journey

Pros: Sound, Comfort, Lightweight, Build quality

Cons: Price, Blink Blink looks might not suit everyone

I've own most Audio Technica Portables (es7, esw9, esw10jpn, m50) and some other phone (Denon a100, tried Ultrasone 780 & 580). And This is by far my best choice. This may not be as good as esw10 but it is much more comfortable. Unlike esw10 that has huge amount of clamping force, es10 pads sits lightly on your ears. Other than that the build quality in this non limited edition seems more sturdy than the esw10, I think the Denon A100 also have worse build quality compared to this, so I think this is my perfect portable phone: Sturdy, lightweight, comfortable, and beautiful (this may vary).   The sound is also not that bad; I think it sounds great; well it's sounds more...
Lunatique

M50 Twin?

Pros: Warm and balanced sound, authoritative bass extension and weight, non-fatiguing

Cons: Could be more airy and articulate

For a portable, the ES-10 has surprisingly substantial sub-bass--very similar to the M50, with both able to almost match the D7000 all the way down to 30Hz (although the D7000 does it effortlessly, while the two AT models struggle a little bit more). In fact. The ES-10 and the M50 sounded so similar to the point where I wondered if they use the same driver. It's a pleasant and warm sound without any sibilance, but not as articulate or airy as I'd like. Being a portable on-the-ear is fine since it's actually pretty comfortable, but I still prefer to not have something pressing on my ears at all. I wouldn't pick the ES-10 over the M50 since the M50 costs less than half but sounds so...