Best bang for the buck

A Review On: Audio Technica ATH-CKM500 BK | Inner Headphones (Japan Import)

Audio Technica ATH-CKM500 BK | Inner Headphones (Japan Import)

Rated # 103 in Universal Fit
Gozzer
Posted · 3315 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Smooth overall sound, large soundstage

Cons: Isolation good not great

I own variety of more expensive IEM however these have to be my favorite. This is mostly due to the huge sound stage which sounds like a full size over the ear headphone.

The highs are crisp clean with good detail and without sibilance.

The mids although slightly recessed still have good presence. The vocals on a good recording will float just above the instruments.

The base is rich and full and will go very low without a lot of bloating. The base may not be big enough to satisfy a base head, however and analytical listen would consider it big. I listen to rock which I would consider the amount just right.

Comparing these to the HA-FXT90 I would say they are pretty close in signature but not the same.

The CKM500 having the edge as they have slightly less treble extension but not a lot. Its just enough to keep it from being strident as the FX90 can sometimes be on certain recordings.

1 Comment:

Too bad that Audio Technica had to put on a microphonic cable on these. Common guys, I you know you have to knowledge to do it right!
I like to wear them reversed and over ears with a homemade slider. This cuts cable noise 95%.