Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones › Reviews › SolidSnake3's Review

End of the universal road for me

A Review On: Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones

Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones

Rated # 75 in In-Ear
Amazon.com
SolidSnake3

Pros: Soundstage, clarity, detail

Cons: bit pricey now, bass quantity if that is your thing

Well what do I really need to say that the title doesn't? These IEM's are the best universals I have ever owned or listened to. They are the complete package for me, they fit great, isolate well, have a build quality higher than anything else I have ever owned and have sound to die for. They are the most enjoyable universals I have owned and I know from the minute I listened to the loaner pair I got from ljokerl last June that someday I would own them. I remember putting them in, playing a song and knowing that they were special, something that one day I would own, didn't know when or how but I would get them eventually.

I now own a pair of JH5's and those are more natural sounding and "fun" with a more cohesive sound as well as a custom fit. In these regards they do surpass the CK10's and overall I feel the JH5's are better however the CK10's are by no means slaughtered. They hold up quite respectably and I still pop them in every now and then just to experience that almost holographic soundstage again.

Comments: