Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Audio-Technica ATH-AD900 › Reviews › Loquah's Review

Best bang-for-buck headphone available

A Review On: Audio-Technica ATH-AD900

Audio-Technica ATH-AD900

Loquah

Pros: Comfort +++ and great detailed sound - all day listening

Cons: Slightly light on the bass

This is the summary from my full review:

For around $300 you'll have a very hard time finding a better pair of headphones in terms of accuracy, staging and comfort. I regularly wear these headphones all day (literally) and actually miss them when I take them off because they are SO comfortable. I have a shaved head so there's no hair to add padding for headphones and most become uncomfortable in time, but the AD900s are hands-down the most comfortable thing I've ever worn on my head (including hats and beanies)!

If you love bass from a variety of music, don't jump at the AD900s until you've had a good listen to a range of tracks to see if the "realistic" bass is enough for you. If accuracy, detail and clarity is your thing, do yourself a favour and check these out. If you're not sure what you like you should definitely give the AD900s a try, but make sure you listen to them for a little while on a range of tracks before making your mind up. Most of us aren't used to the kind of unbiased sound they give and you may feel a little underwhelmed at first, but give them some time, close your eyes and explore the music a bit - you might be surprised.

All-in-all I just love these headphones and often find myself turning to these instead of high quality speaker setups. I love the accuracy, detail and intimacy of the sound. If you're buying headphones and have around $300 to spend you should definitely check these out. Even if you're spending significantly more than $300, take a listen to the ATH-AD900s because they will embarass many more expensive models.

Comments: