Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH AD300  › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH AD300 Reviews

AUDIO TECHNICA ATH AD300 Reviews

RoMee

Quick impression from a basshead's point of view

This is a quick impression from a basshead's point of view. I'm writing this because there's almost ZERO info on these headphones, and because I don't speak audiophile, this will be a quick.       Like I said, I'm a proud basshead but I do occasionally listen to music with little bass. I knew when I got these they're gonna be bass lite and indeed they are. They do a decent job on country and indie rock, but using them for dubstep, EDM or RAP is something no one should do.     I originally bought these for gaming and movies on my tablets, and they sounded great when using it for that purpose.   Value - The value got 5 stars because I got...
tdockweiler

Hidden gem of Audio Technica's lineup

Pros: Bass, Fuller mids and less treble than AD700, Smaller soundstage. Cheap.

Cons: Sound clarity good, but not great.

Last year I scored these at a local Wal-Mart for only $36! What a deal. I actually expected them to sound like my AD700 somewhat, but they most definitely don't! Not even close really.   I was really surprised by how much I liked these. First, they are smaller than the AD700 and have a more secure fit. The AD700 is a poor fit for me and are much too lose. These are much better for those with a smaller head.   These have much more bass than the AD700, but are not bass heavy or even close to it. They have very full sounding mids and have a very warm sound (not like a Sennheiser!). I was pretty surprised about this since I always felt the AD700's mids to be fairly lean...