Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Dedicated Source Components › DACs › Audio-gd NFB 1.32 › Audio-gd NFB 1.32 Reviews

Audio-gd NFB 1.32 Reviews

Alahad

by the appearance of an ordinary DAC by excellent sound and an extraordinary

Pros: excellent sound, clean, quiet, dynamic, open

Cons: appearance, screws

After a long deliberation and searching, I opted for this DAC, in visual terms is not exceptional and are better, but its design and sound quality are at the highest level. I like DAC input through XLR cable to the headphone amplifier SPL Phonitor and Sennheiser HD650 headphones,  the sound is perfect and in fact is not reproduced, but heard quite directly, as concert, studio or club. The environment is viewed very real, incredibly dynamic, clean and space. The shift in sound when connected to a DAC report is quite positive with improved tonal bass to the lowest octave, the middle band gained peace and space and height were given emphasis, clarity and accuracy.    Value...
xtreme4099

Some thoughts - review is pending

My thoughts on its sequel, the NFB-1.32 w/USB32 and TXCO clocks from a sister thread : http://www.head-fi.org/t/625945/audio-gd-nfb-1-32/15 --- Well i have it hooked up, listening through my speakers, took me all bout 2 minutes to get it going to install the usb driver, and get sound. Instantly noticed the increased depth and I do mean lots of it, details, and airyness, and a slight warmth, easily outclasses the modded soundcard. I'm gonna get to listening with more material throughout the day and will be chiming in a bit later Will be doing comparisons between this and my vinyl setup, i have a couple vinyl records that I have digitally that ill be able to flip...