Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Portable Amps › Audinst AMP-HP › Audinst AMP-HP Reviews

Audinst AMP-HP Reviews

YoYo JoKeR

Audinst Amp-HP: A Very Refined Portable Amp

Pros: Great Sound Quality, Build Quality, Battery Life, Muses 8820 Op-Amp

Cons: Driving Power

Me: I am a 21 year old Engineering student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed, the passion of music grew in me, and that subsequently led me to join Head-Fi. Eventually, I found the pleasure of listening to music mainly by the HD600 and recently, by the seductive LCD2 headphones, and realized the true components of recorded music. I usually like to listen to Indian Classical Music along with Bollywood songs. My main listening genres include classical, vocal, instrumental, jazz and sometimes pop.   Intro:  Audinst, is a renowned...
project86

High value mid-priced portable amp

Pros: Well built, pleasing sound signature, lots of accessories, won't break the bank, socketed opamp allows playing with the sound

Cons: Could use more battery life

See full review here:   http://www.head-fi.org/t/568054/review-audinst-amp-hp-portable-headphone-amplifier#post_7697280   In summary, this is a great sub-$200 portable amp. It's like Audinst took the already nice sounding amp section of their HUD-mx1 device, improved it by maybe 15 or 20 percent, and then made it portable. What's not to like about that?