Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone Reviews

Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone Reviews

Synchronised

The only good thing about the LCD3 is sound quality

Pros: Sound quality, Audeze customer support and more comfortable than expected!

Cons: Build quality and Value.

I am not a professional reviewer or anything so I'll just write a few words. I originally had a HD650 which I sold to buy the Audeze LCD3. The LCD3 is by far the best sounding headphone I have ever heard. It sounds amazing. I'm not happy with the build quality of the headphones. Considering that I paid $2000 I was expecting something built like a tank lolol but they are beautifully built! In terms of value they are not worth $2000 unless you think it's worth paying that much for the amazing sound quality. I think it should cost no more than $1400 if you compare it to the LCD2. In terms of comfort they are relatively comfortable but they get very uncomfortable if used for a long...
Rawdawg3234

WOW

Pros: Tight punchy bass, all around exciting

Cons: Weight is almost an issue

Just got them yesterday and I have to say that these are what I've always imagined high end headphones to sound like. I'm very pleased with them so far. Thought the weight would be a problem but after 3 hours I wasn't fatigued at all. Don't get me wrong, you know they're there but not in a bad way. They actually "feel" like $2000 headphones. Too early still to give an accurate sound description but ill say that the bass is the best I've heard. One of the few cans whose bass doesn't feel forced. It feels authentic and gives you an "in your face" experience.
MacedonianHero

Simply my new favourite headphones

Pros: Best bass/mids I've heard and true to life sound

Cons: Not cheap, picky of upstream gear and not forgiving or poor sources

Here's a link to a wiki I wrote about the differences between the LCD-2r.2 and LCD-3s that pretty much sum up my thoughts quite well.   http://www.head-fi.org/a/comparisons-of-the-lcd-3-and-the-lcd-2-rev-2   I've had them now for more than 3 months and they still get 80% of my head time. My HD800s/T1s/Ed.8s/HF-2s are sadly not getting the time they rightly deserve since the LCD-3s arrived. I was also able to sell my HE-6s as the improvements in soundstaging and air in the LCD-3s have made the HE-6s redundant in my collection.   Just a few more points, they (LCD-3s) are in fact much pickier of upstream gear than the LCD-2s (as both Skylab and Currawong have...