Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone › Reviews › larry33myhero's Review

Audeze LCD-3 are simply the best!

A Review On: Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone

Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone

Price paid: $1,945.00
larry33myhero

Pros: Great bass extension; incredible transparency; very musical

Cons: Price - need I say more?

When $$$ is no consideration - these cans need to be at the top of your list.  I have been an avid Sennheiser listener for years.  Most recently with the HD600.  My amps are Joseph Grado Signature (battery operated), Aspen Audio (model 823 - tube amp) and most recently The Pan Am (ALO Audio of Portland OR - also tube amp).  I compared the new Sennheiser HD 800 to the Audeze LCD-3 recently and here is what I found.  The HD 800 is surgical, quick and a bit bright.  Musical but without the bass extension.  Very clear but could cause fatigue due to its sharp edge.  The LCD-3's are liquid, musical, stunning clarity, deep/powerful bass and present a full articulate soundstage.  I must admit I have never heard anything quite like these cans.  I am in love.  I feel like I am listening to the same old stuff for the first time.  Wow - they are that good.  Yes they are crazy expensive - but an audiophile never considers money!!!  Just sound quality.  Why else would we spend thousands on power cables...L3000.gif  My musical tastes cover the full spectrum of analog and digital - from metal to classical.  Highly recommended.

Can't agree more, best cans I have ever heard. Your analysis, especially in relation to the 800 is spon on.
I also have the HE 500, it has that ortho goodness but Audeze kicks it up to a next leven with the LCD3.
how are they in compare to DT 880 ?
how in compare to dt 880 ?
Only thing I don't agree is spending thousands on power cables...