Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone › Reviews › Synchronised's Review

The only good thing about the LCD3 is sound quality

A Review On: Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone

Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone

Price paid: $2,000.00
Synchronised

Pros: Sound quality, Audeze customer support and more comfortable than expected!

Cons: Build quality and Value.

I am not a professional reviewer or anything so I'll just write a few words.

I originally had a HD650 which I sold to buy the Audeze LCD3. The LCD3 is by far the best sounding headphone I have ever heard. It sounds amazing.

I'm not happy with the build quality of the headphones. Considering that I paid $2000 I was expecting something built like a tank lolol but they are beautifully built!

In terms of value they are not worth $2000 unless you think it's worth paying that much for the amazing sound quality. I think it should cost no more than $1400 if you compare it to the LCD2.

In terms of comfort they are relatively comfortable but they get very uncomfortable if used for a long period of time, i.e. 3 hours +.

PS: Audeze customer support is by far the best, they even sent me a brand new $80 + shipping costs cable when I accidentally damaged my old cable.

They are built like tanks? What, to you, suggest otherwise? A more solidly built high-end headphone you'll have too look hard for.
They are not built like tank. I would drop a DT770 Pro ten times from 1.5 meters and be absolutely confident in the fact it would not break. The same thing I could say about the T1 and HD650. A pair of LCD-2 and LCD-3 I wouldn't want to drop from 30 cm.. They are beautifully made headphones however :)
That wood will crack!! But I still like my 2's...
Why would you drop a headphone....and then 10 times?If you are that clumsy,you should get them covered by your house insurance!
IMO the HD650s are way less well built. I'm terrified of chipping the paint. No such concerns with the LCD3. I think all around they are very well built.