Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone › Reviews › Rawdawg3234's Review

WOW

A Review On: Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone

Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone

Rawdawg3234

Pros: Tight punchy bass, all around exciting

Cons: Weight is almost an issue

Just got them yesterday and I have to say that these are what I've always imagined high end headphones to sound like. I'm very pleased with them so far. Thought the weight would be a problem but after 3 hours I wasn't fatigued at all. Don't get me wrong, you know they're there but not in a bad way. They actually "feel" like $2000 headphones.
Too early still to give an accurate sound description but ill say that the bass is the best I've heard. One of the few cans whose bass doesn't feel forced. It feels authentic and gives you an "in your face" experience.

What you use to drive them?
I'm using a WA6SE with a sophia princess and a variety of tubes. My favorite tubes at the moment are the 6GL7/6EM7.
 Everyone is saying the weight is a problem, but I've tried out the LCD-2's and it was perfectly fine.