Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones Reviews

Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones Reviews

Showing 2 2-star reviews (see all 48 reviews)

GeirTj

Are the LCD-2's really that good? Yes they are (Errata).

Pros: Cool design

Cons: Muffled, closed sound with all type of low- and high- quality headamps

Errata 28.April 2012: I have to correct my initial and mainly negative review of my LCD-2. Due to purchase of an Auralic Taurus headamp for balanced drive, I discovered that the cabling (Moon Audio Silver Dragon) must have been wired wrongly. Redoing the whole termination to a balanced (4-pin) XLR contact did the trick and I have to sheepishly follow the herd of Audeze'ers :-P Running the new cabling via another adapter to a regular (non-balanced) 1/4" jack now also sound splendid. But I can truly recommend the Auralic headamp in balanced mode. Way too muffled and closed-in sound for my preference. Yes, they may be a bit more than little warm which can be acceptable but I find them...
shawn_low

LCD2: They look great but comfort? Lacking.

Pros: Looks fantastic.

Cons: Comfort level is low and cable is stiff. Needs good pairing.

OK, this is a quick placeholder review.   I didn't have more than a couple of hours with these and they were sitting in good company.   Dac was a Metric Halo ULN2.   Stax O2 out of an exstata. HD800 out of a B22 and SPL Auditor.   First off, the LCD2 comfort level was AWFUL! It's stiff and clamps onto my average-sized head with such force I had to continually adjust it. I couldn't listen to it for more than 5 to 10 minutes. Such was the level of pain it inflicted on the side of my head.   The O2 and HD800 were spades ahead in comfort-level. The LCD2 cable, a starquad cable (a microphone cable I believe) was stiff and just got in the way.   Sound is arguably...