Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones › Reviews › SoulFan84's Review

I'm A BELIEVER!!!

A Review On: Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones

Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones

Amazon.com
SoulFan84

Pros: Wonderful Mid-range, Excellent Bass

Cons: Right Channel died 2 months later(fixed and quickly returned)

I originally owned the Sennheiser HD800's and I thought they were great!(After they were burned in; out of the box they were the worst thing I'd ever heard) But I always felt like it was missing something. I LOVED the soundstage, clarity, speed and detail. But vocals didn't sound right to me. I had read many reviews of the LCD-2's and constantly went back and forth about buying a pair. Finally, I pulled the trigger and liked what I heard. However, it wasn't until the headphones had burned in that I finally understood what all the fuss was about. Out of the box it sounded a bit cloudy, even a little muffled. But after burn in the mid-range sounded beautiful and full of life and the bass was melodic and authoritative but never obtrusive. This is truly an amazing headphone that even sounds nice without an amp. Highly recommended!

When you say LCD-2 can sound nice without an amp then may I ask you use this headphone out of what? A direct onboard PC, laptops, Mac or DAP? Thanks because LCD-2 is on my eyes now.
I have it plugged into my computer's headphone jack. My computer has HD audio with the latest Realtek HD audio driver. All enhancements are turned off. It won't sound as loud as say, a Sennheiser HD555/598, but the sound especially after burn in will be nice.
What motherboard are you using?
Regardless, the LCD2 definitely requires more to do its best.
Also, what amp were you using for the HD800?