Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones › Reviews › vincentc's Review

The LCD2 are simply Amazing!

A Review On: Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones

Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones

Amazon.com
vincentc

Pros: Overall Sound Quality; Deep Bass; Natural; Midrange; Angled Ear Pads and THE LOOK!

Cons: Price Range; Must be paired with the right setup

My Setup:

• Lossless FLAC using MediaMonkey with WASAPI drivers.
  • $10 USB cable
  • ALO PanAm Amp
  • Siemens Tubes / Russian Tubes
  • Standard Cable
  • LCD2 v.2

My Review:

In order to write this review I have been listening to this setup for over a 100 hours. So I am quite sure everything is burned in by now. The sound quality is simply beautiful! I listen to pretty much everything except Rap and I have not find any problems with these headphones. I cannot ear any background noise (more due to the amp I imagine). I do not believe into the all and precise description of the sound range because it is completely different for everybody. But I found the sound really clean and natural. I was pleasantly surprised by delivery of the sound thanks to those "massive" and angled ear pads. Indeed, the sound-stage is wonderful in my opinion.

I would recommend these headphones to anyone that want to rediscover their favorite tracks. I have not tried the LCD2 with any other setup, however, when I do I will update this review!

Comments: