Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones › Reviews › SennHI808's Review

First time listening to these amazing cans!!

A Review On: Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones

Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones

Amazon.com
SennHI808

Pros: Amazing clarity with great separation. Bass was very nice. Huge soundstage.

Cons: A bit heavy. Hard to pay $1000 for a pair of headphones. Requires a very nice amp.

I just had a chance to finally listen to these Audez'e LCD-2 headphones and must say that these were absolutely amazing. My local shop had it paired with the Schiit Lyr (not sure if these pair well together) and they sounded very nice. The soundstage and separation were top notch and the bass was deep and very present. When you actually get to see and wear these cans you can tell immediately that they are very high quality and built with the finest materials. They are a bit heavy but it didn't bother me in any way. It seems crazy to pay $1000usd for headphones but compared to the HD800 and HiFiMan HE-6 they seem to be a great value. Before I listened to these I would never pay that high for a can, but of course that has all changed. Sorry wallet. I am a rookie in this vast world of hi-fi so I am just sharing my 2 cents.

You thought the soundstage was pretty good?
From the 3 LCD-2's I've heard, I've always found the soundstage to be quite congested for an open-back headphone; it's quite the opposite compared to the HD800.
Agree with miceblue, the soundstage is not huge. The separation is good but congestion is what I'd call the soundstage.
Same here - the LCD-2 is very, very good but I personally prefer a little bit more open and "forward" sound.