Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones › Reviews › dyl1dyl's Review

Rev 2s versus Rev 1s

A Review On: Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones

Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones

Amazon.com
dyl1dyl
Posted · 72 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Soundstage is great, mids are beautiful, impactful bass, smooth unfatiguing highs, beautiful box

Cons: Not the last word in comfort

Just got my rev 2s a few weeks ago. After pretty extensive comparison with my previous rev 1s, I prefer the rev 2s for almost any music. The overall fidelity is just slightly better and the upper mids and treble, slightly more pronounced, though imo a bit of midrange density is sacrificed. What makes me prefer the rev2s is the soundstage more than anything else. In the rev1s, I really disliked the sound stage as I found it to be really disjointed, presenting sound in three columns, left, centre and right with "walls" between each column. In the new rev 2s, while the soundstage is not expansive like a hd800, it is a very nice, coherent semicircle presented in front of the listener and I really like this change, hence my preference for the rev 2s.

1 Comment:

I hope more people who have listened to the latest revision (LCD-2 Rev. 2) will chime in. I would like to read as many users' opinions as possible. Thanks for your write-up.