Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Audeo Phonak PFE112 Revision II Earphones › Audeo Phonak PFE112 Revision II Earphones Reviews

Audeo Phonak PFE112 Revision II Earphones Reviews

iXpertMan

Excellent Value

Pros: Gorgeous Sound, Elegant Design, Isolation

Cons: Lacks Boomy Bass, Ear Guides

From my point of view these are excellent, both in terms of sound and isolation, plus they look extremely elegant.   I am not a 'golden ear' and can't really say much about the harmonics and sound spectrum as I'm really a complete noob here. However even for me I think I'd like a bit more punchy and powerful bass. Nevertheless the sound is basically music to the ears.   I use the comply tips supplied which provide great isolation and comfort. For me the original plastic tips simply don't work, they keep falling-out no matter what size.   My main complaint would be to the ear guides which occasionally lose the cable and the cable needs to be re-inserted, this...
luisdent

Silky Sweet IEM

Pros: beautiful mids, nice highs, uber comfortable

Cons: very little bass, and did I mention not much bass?

After comparing a bunch of headphones, I "almost" fell in love with the Audeo Phonak PFE112.   The mid range of this set is very smooth and high quality.  The treble, while slightly laid back and soft, is very open and precise.  Although these aren't the airiest set, the treble extends well, albeit at a slightly relaxing tone.  The main downfall is the lack of bass.  There is good extension into the sub bass, but only at very low levels.  You won't be hearing a lot of meat down in the lower regions on these.   That isn't to say they don't have bass.  They have nice smooth clean bass that is very capable, however simply not loud enough in...
autumnholy

PFE111 (White)

Pros: Clear sound. changeable filers (black & grey)

Cons: Bass light,

Do I like this IEM? Yeah. Do I love them? Nope. Why?   PFE is a single BA IEM, which possess, IMO, the stereotype signature of BAs in the market. The sound signature is about clarity, balanced, and non-fatiguing. While the headstage is quite narrow, the bass is anemic. It's more for casual listening, and well, I'd praise its comfort design. Once hook up onto your ears, you can be sure to forget about it (and sometimes the music too, because it's so inoffensive and to me, unimpressive).   So, do you want to buy this IEM? If you want something engaging, go elsewhere. See TF10 or others which really shine in a department. If you champion comfort more than engaging...
jmkarthi

Awesome little earphones.

Pros: Fit. Excellent sound with Black filters directly from my iPhone.

Cons: Filters need to be replaced - not sure how often or how expensivce they are.

Upgraded from (a lot) of sony low/mid end earphones and headphones to SRH840, the sound was ok but the fit was aweful. Was looking for a small good quality earphones that was not very expensive. These fit the bill perfectly.   They disappear in my ears - I just hear the music and forget about the earphones. Clarity at low volume is amazing. Not as much bass I am used to with sony and M6 earphones but I like the no booming bass of PFE112 to other earphones. The grey filters were too bright but Black ones are good with a flat EQ.   This is my first high quality earphones I hope to stick to it for atleast a year :) before upgraditis hits me.
scutterflux

Audeo Phonak kill Nokia OEM headset for sound quality.

Pros: Very nice sound customizable with filters, comfy.

Cons: PFE122 mic not compatible with Nokia N8.

My first good set of IEM, and I gotta say they sound pretty good to me.  For my preferences the comply foam tips, offer the best in sound quality allowing better isolation and better bass.  The Grey filters they come with sound delicate, detailed, and spatial, organic and open sounding for what I was expecting.  The Black filters seem to darken the tone, smooth and extend the frequency response, providing more depth in the bass sound and not necessarily mask detail, but make it less noticable or harder to find, I like both filters for different reasons but prefer gray as they seem a more natural fit to the pfe's.