Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Computer Audio › Sound Cards › Asus Xonar DGX › Asus Xonar DGX Reviews

Asus Xonar DGX Reviews

MonarchX

Excellent Card - A MUST For ANY Gamer

Pros: Excellent sound quality; Most awesome positional sound through Dolby Headphone; Low-Price; Stable and Low-latency UNi drivers with accurate 7.1 sound

Cons: Difficult to make it fit into PCI-E slot while keeping it fully attached to case

First of all the other reviewers may have had issues with drivers for this card, but I had 0 problems. It was as easy to install as pressing "Install". It required nothing more and at the moment, UNi drivers are of the highest quality, offering Low-Latency installation and very accurate Dolby Headphone 7.1 profile, far more accurate than official ASUS drivers provide. Do not download or use official ASUS Xonar drivers - install UNi Xonar drivers ONLY.   The UNi Drivers Dolby Headphone Surround Sound 7.1 profile is truly a miracle for gamers. You can spot your enemies just by listening to their foot-steps or gun-fire, knowing instantly from which direction they are coming and how...
SSSN

A great package at a bargain price

Pros: Great sound quality, good microphone input quality, built-in headphone amplifier, compact size, surround sound simulation

Cons: High output impedance, drivers can be annoying

This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most onboard solutions. The drivers work well most of the time, but sometimes mess around during installation. Also, like most dedicated sound cards, it has a high output impedance so it might not be well suited for low impedance headphones or IEMs. However, all in all, it's still a great card because it's so ******* cheap and gives you so much.
crossjeremiah

Love and Hate Situation

Pros: better than your on board soundcard , crisp clear sound better than creative codecs, 24 bit dac, TOSLINK optical outpu pass through, budget card

Cons: hard to install, drivers suck (get uni xonar drivers and they are still hard to install),

Ok I bought this card just for my Schiit Gungnir because my optical output on my motherboard broke off. So I went to microcenter and picked up this guy, the associate tried to sale me and crappy recon3d I knew this guy had no idea what he was talking about because creative cards are mostly codec based. So I went and bought the DGX and got home open the box, the pins were bent to ****. I tried to adjust them. I spent like 3 hrs trying to install the PCIe card and I almost gave up, until I saw this guy bend the ends where it screws in at, so I did that couple of times, I did not get the flushed result I want, but it was good enough. Then when I finally got it installed drivers took like 2...