Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Computer Audio › Sound Cards › Asus XONAR DG CMI8786 Sound Card › Reviews › spookymulder84's Review

Budget Master

A Review On: Asus XONAR DG CMI8786 Sound Card

Asus XONAR DG CMI8786 Sound Card

Rated # 9 in Sound Cards
Quality
spookymulder84

Pros: Good headphone amp, extended usage options 10x better than on board,

Cons: Relatively bad drivers, bud good alternative to it is UNi Xonar, not isolated.

I bought this because i needed an AMP for my superlux hd681 headphones, so I bought this card because it was on my budget.

I am really happy with it and with it's sound, and i could not switch back to my old onboard sound, which was best on the market, but pathetic in comparison with this.

It is driving my headphones very well, and very loud. I never played my headphones on something better, so I can't make any comparison when talking about sound quality.

There is a bit of a problems, the original drivers suck, but fixed with alternative called UNi Xonar. The card isn't isolated, so it can make noise if interfered with other components such as graphic card. I needed to move my card away from the graphic card because it made a noise when any kind of sound would start to play.

Comments: