Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Computer Audio › Sound Cards › Asus XONAR DG CMI8786 Sound Card › Asus XONAR DG CMI8786 Sound Card Reviews

Asus XONAR DG CMI8786 Sound Card Reviews

Positive Reviews

spookymulder84

Budget Master

Pros: Good headphone amp, extended usage options 10x better than on board,

Cons: Relatively bad drivers, bud good alternative to it is UNi Xonar, not isolated.

I bought this because i needed an AMP for my superlux hd681 headphones, so I bought this card because it was on my budget. I am really happy with it and with it's sound, and i could not switch back to my old onboard sound, which was best on the market, but pathetic in comparison with this. It is driving my headphones very well, and very loud. I never played my headphones on something better, so I can't make any comparison when talking about sound quality. There is a bit of a problems, the original drivers suck, but fixed with alternative called UNi Xonar. The card isn't isolated, so it can make noise if interfered with other components such as graphic card. I needed to move my...

Negative Reviews

killeraxemannic

Was decent but died in less than a year.

Pros: Decent sound, software good

Cons: Front pannel jack died in 6 months. Rest of the card died in less than a year.

I had this card for a while and it did a decent job powering my AKG K550's and my Ultrasone 650Pros. I could always tell there was more to be had from them though. The sound was good but a tad muddy on the bass end and a tad clipped on the high end.    After 6 months I got static output from the front panel and had to unplug it. After 10 months of ownership the card would output high pitched hissing noises at all times through headphones or speakers.    I cannot recommend this card with the time it lasted me   Replaced it with a Creative Sound Blaster Z and I am highly impressed with how much better it is.