Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Astrotec AX-60 Hybrid IEM › Astrotec AX-60 Hybrid IEM Reviews

Astrotec AX-60 Hybrid IEM Reviews

White Lotus

The Astrotec AX60.

Pros: Strong, prominent bass, beautifully made, great accessories, great material, top notch overall sound, top-shelf detail retrieval

Cons: Can be sibilant with certain tips

Foreword:   I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering and installations. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts. My work environments consist mainly of: - live venues, - concert halls, - bars - nightclubs. - festivals - events I've taken a huge liking to headphones - IEM's in particular. I like the idea of having my own personal PA system that I can take with me anywhere. With Rockbox being in such advanced stages, and such great low-impedance portable amps coming out, you can really seem to get any sound signature you wish out of a portable rig. Enter, the Astrotec AX-60.       Packaging and...
Loquah

Great value hybrid IEM

Pros: Excellent bass quality and quantity, nice mids, great quality design and materials, great range of accessories

Cons: Treble very tip dependent

I've just finished reviewing these hybrid earphones and would describe them as great value for someone looking for an IEM with awesome bass (both quality and quantity), and an engaging, dynamic sound. They don't push the sound too far in any direction to make it sound unnatural, but they're also not an accuracy-focussed IEM.   The treble can be a bit harsh depending on the tips used and the bass will sound sloppy if the wrong filter is used (they come with 2 different filter options), but with the right tip and the right filter, they're as good as anything up to the same value (AUD $399) if you're looking for something to get your foot tapping and head bobbing.   My full...