Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Gaming Headsets › Astro A50 Wireless Headset

Astro A50 Wireless Headset

Rated #17 in Gaming Headsets

Pros: Sturdy and pretty comfortable

Cons: Limited presets; too much bass for FPS use; sound not customizable; charge does not last 8-10 hours

If the A50s gave you the option to customize the presets, I imagine that they would be great for FPS gaming. However, they do not and even the preset with the least low end has too much to hear any of the subtler sounds (e.g., footsteps). I use them with a PS4 and have tried every possible combination of settings to no avail. There are far less expensive options on the market that offer more features with better sound for this use.

Professional gamers do not use these. If they use Astros at all, it will be the A40 with Mixamp pro. Some bigger COD Youtubers promote these because they have a sponsorship, but do not actually use them often.

Note, that when Astro released these and for a couple years after, they promised software that would allow for custom audio presets. They even said that it was in beta testing at one point. However, they never released anything and have made it clear that they will no do so. Rather, they have said that the third generation A50s will have something like that and I should consider "upgrading" upon release.

Pros: Easy to use, sounds great. good battery life

Cons: mic quality

I've owned this headset for about 1 year now I purchased it through this twitter account I follow called IGN deals. Got it for $200. I play regularly everyday for 4+ hours. And I see why there are no reviews for this headset considering it is one of the best and thats just what it's known for. It has a switch that gives you 3 different eq settings. The wireless receiver gives you the option for 7.1 dolby surround sound and my oh my you can really hear everything. I play Call of duty and Halo competitively and this headset will most definitely give you an edge over your opponent. Before I owned the turtle beach x12's and the x31's. Those are good headsets for the price but if you want to have a headset that will last you forever with a lifetime warranty then get the astro a50's. My only con is that the mic has trouble picking up your voice. Now I have never personally had a problem with it because I have a deep voice but if you mumble or talk quiet other people might have trouble hearing you. Just put the mic closer to your face if this is a problem but other than that this headset gets a 5/5

Astro A50 Wireless Headset

ASTRO Gaming is ready to invade the living room with the wireless A50 Headset. Experience Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound with clarity and performance powered by KleerNet's strongest 5.8Ghz solution available. Hear the difference that professionally tuned audiophile-grade sound makes. Whatever your audio needs are, the A50 Headset comes with 3 different EQ modes for movies, hardcore gaming, and competitive shooters. When finished, simply charge your headset from your transmitter and the included display stand. Take over your gaming and home entertainment with the wireless A50 Headset.