Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Portable Source Components › Astell & Kern AK120 › Reviews › archeryc's Review

The best DAP I ever heard in this size.

A Review On: Astell & Kern AK120

Astell & Kern AK120

Battery Life
archeryc
Posted · 20424 Views · 0 Comments

Pros: Great sound quality, nice UI, battery life is ok.

Cons: Price is a bit expensive. Should be similar as the hm901. Also there are rooms for the firmware to be improved.

I have heard it couple times from my friend. It impressed me very well. In the next couple days I received my HM901 but it has too many problem and the battery was end up broken, so I send it back and ask for an exchange to the AK120.

The sound is very balance. Bass/mid/tre sounds just alright, not too much and not less. Soundstage not as wise as HM901 but still great, depends on which headphones you use. So far I feel that the 901 with minibox card sounds a little bit better than the AK120 but definitely not day and night difference and in fact the sound quality of them are very close. Really depend on the sound signature people prefer.

With low impedance IEM I have to say it drive perfectly for almost all of them except IE800 and k3003 IMO.

Now I mainly use it to drive my UM Miracle with the DHC fusion cable. It should be my end game portable DAP! : )

Comments: