Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Dedicated Source Components › DACs › Arcam rDac

Arcam rDac

Rated #78 in DACs

Pros: async USB, well priced

Cons: none yet

When my m-audio Audiophile 192 soundcard died, I bought an Arcam rDac + Switch-mode upgrade.

Since then my CD's sound like never before. I have started to replace as many MP3's by FLAC's as possible, a difference which I previously found inaudible.

I can't describe the difference in the way that some of you do, but my music contains substantially more "fat" bass and crisp high tones. Alison Kraus + Union Station, Jan Akkerman (MP3), Yo Yo Ma and many others make me shiver again.

(I have also replaced Windows Media Player with J River's Media Center, repaired the amplifier terminals on my Denon UPO-250 amp and put simple rubber door buffers under my B&W DM-604 2S speakers. Changes which also had an audible effect.)

Arcam rDac
By:

The rDac offers supreme audio quality for the most demanding music lover. Housed in a slender, precision-cast case the rDac offers an ideal upgrade for conventional sources and network audio products alike.

BindingAccessory
PublisherArcam
StudioArcam
TitleArcam rDac
Batteries Included0

No one has edited this wiki yet - be the first! The headings below are just suggestions; feel free to make your own.

Related Media/Links:

Add related videos, links to item guides, etc.

Troubleshooting/Known Issues:

Had an issue other users should know about? Put it here.

How To:

Advice on installation, customization, and anything else.

Related Items and Accessories:

The Arcam rDac comes with a simple power supply. An upgrade can be found here: http://www.squeeze-upgrade.com/index.php?language=en

Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Dedicated Source Components › DACs › Arcam rDac