Apple iPod touch 32 GB 4G

Apple iPod touch 32 GB (4th Generation) NEWEST MODEL

Battery Life
User Interface
NRiyo3

Pros: Versatile, small

Cons: Battery life

Great device. It does so many things thanks to the app market. I wish it was thicker and that the battery filled up that extra space. A single device for movies, music, and books/comics.

SQ is pretty good. I have not used a Cowan. I do not have an amp yet. I wish it supported flac. I need to re-rip all my music into ALAC. Are you planning a purchase? If so wait until Oct Nov a new iPod Touch will most likely be released then you can compare and purchase the one that you like more.
randomkid- If you are looking for audio use primarily you might want to look at this. Sony NWZ-X1051. It is getting a lot of rave reviews. Not as versatile as an iPod Touch but audio is said to be superior.
The battery life is fine if you remember to turn off the wifi when you don't need it.
I think a device should be able to do all the functions it boasts for long periods of time. No one will complain if it is 2 or 3 mm thicker and that would most likely add an hour or more of run time per charge. All of us buy these gadgets to use them, this just makes them more useful.