Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic

Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic

Rated #272 in Universal Fit

Pros: Midsection, It's basically FREE,

Cons: Lack of Bass,

I'm not sure if this is the same model I got with my iPhone 4s or not. There have been tons of different models of these buds released for different i-devices. The ones that I received with my 4s are (In my opinion )  absolutely worth at least 30-45 $ in my opinion.

No they don't sound like my SENN HD 600 by any means at all, but for an earbud they are exceptional. The mid - section sounds nice to me and the detail (although not much) is far better than any dollar-store ear buds I have ever tried on (And trust me I have tried all sorts).

What is holding it back from being 5 stars is it's bass (these really have nearly no bass) and the slightly-generic sounds in the highs. And no I'm not trolling when I say these are some of the best ear-buds ever made. (Ear-buds )

Pros: Free, okay sound

Cons: Nothing special, non-audible bass until 150-200 Hz

After reading InnerFidelity's article about the Apple iBuds, I was definitely curious about how they really sound. I was genuinely surprised, as I expected a tinny sound out of them, but no. It was relatively neutral for me, until the bass area, where they severely lacked. It had better tonal accuracy than my $20 Denon AH-C260. They also performed better in mids and highs compared with the same IEM, but the Denon's win out in bass, however it is muddy, it was satisfying enough for EDM. The iBuds had clearer bass but it was barely audible. If you try to cover the four holes with your fingers, it gets muddy, congested, loses its tone, etc.
So far, I believe it doesn't deserve its poor bashings, as it was obviously better than their old iBuds, which really deserved its bad name.

Gear used: iPod classic "7G" > LOD > iBasso T4

Pros: free, light, minimalistic, soft cable

Cons: lasts for about 7 month, not exactly mind blowing

These are not going to make you stand out in the crowd or have a non-audiophile teen laugh at your "lame, not by dr dre *insert audiophile headphone here ", but nor do they have eargasmic sound. You get what you paid for, which is nothing.

Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic
By:

Compatible with all Apple iPods and digital players that work with a 3.5-millimeter mini-jack, the Apple MA662G/A Headphones are designed for comfort. This universal accessory has a sleek design and delivers crystal clear sound quality and bass response, whether you're listening to your favorite tunes while working at your desk, running on the treadmill, or relaxing at home. Compact and ultra-portable, these earbud-style headphones fit easily in your pocket or bag so you can grab them and go. Product Description Newly designed Apple iPod earphones / Sleeker than previous models / Compatible with all Apple iPods / Color - White

BindingElectronics