Get the iPod 5.5 gen instead (or Sansa)

A Review On: Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL

Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL

Battery Life
User Interface
Deki

Pros: Great build quality

Cons: Cirrus audio chip, iOS, bad EQ.

i got this from a friend of mine for free becuase he had just gotten an iphone 4s (hes not an audiophile) so he gave me this. I was gratefull ofcourse and i decided to try it out instead of my sansa. the sansa wins easily, the ipod sounds meh, not very accurate and the bass is uneven/rumbly. i then traded this for an ipod 5.5 which i rockboxed later on and now i am happy.

im guessing you didnt rockbox this one? Also i guess you like the analogue rolled off sounding wolfson chip, rather than flatter more detailed cirrus chip.

I really do hate wolfson fanboys raving about the wolfson chip, the cirrus is actully tecnically a lot better, whereas the wolfson if warmer/has rolled off highs...

Whatever your happy with.

I much prefer my rockboxed 7G than my mums 5.5G.
Um, there is no rockbox for the 7th gen, there is no rockbox for anything after 5.5 actually. Argument invalidated.
Um not true................. running rockbox on my 7th gen. Smooth as butter - there has been substantial progress ......... think EMCORE :)
i would not have put "my rockboxed 7G" if it wasnt rockboxed, im not a liar. It runs really well actually.

Regards
What's wrong with the IOS?
Worst EQ in the world.