Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Portable Source Components › Digital Audio (FLAC/MP3/etc) Players (DAPs) › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Black (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Black (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL Reviews

Apple iPod classic 160 GB Black (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL Reviews

Alias Gu

If you don't care about SQ

Pros: Bulid Quality, UI, Powered by Itunes

Cons: average SQ (maybe less than average), do not support FLAC, APE, very bad EQ

If you can't stand some DAP without a decent UI, Ipod Classic will the best choice for you. Powered by Itunes, Classic might be an unmatched DAP and also the most popular one. However, some fatal cons make it (without amps) stay out of Hifi area   For a single DAP 5 stars, For a hifi DAP only 3 stars So average scores will be 4
omegaprime

Worth buying player

Pros: good build quality, good looking, large capacity, click wheel, user-friendly

Cons: don't support flac

I was looking a player to replace my imod 5.5 (ipod video 5.5 modded), as it only has 3 hours battery life. Because I love the click wheel design and I have loads of songs, I bought an ipod classic. It's thinner and lighter than my imod5.5. However, the sound quality is worse than the previous generation. The previous generation are using wolfson's dac which is way better than the cirrus logic's dac(dac that is using in ipod classic). I felt disappointed in it. In addition, this ipod classic cannot be rockboxed. The sound is quite flat and neutral.
Kroc

Great Machine

Pros: Size, capacity, style, ease, durable

Cons: itunes, no real eq, no raido / mic

Got this from a pawn shop in the hood. Prob stolen and sold to buy drugs which clearly adds value. My last one died slowly from dropping upwards of 50 times, i got myself a SEXY hard case and some sennheiser cx680i headphones for the gym, and a FiiO E5 amp. Thing is wonderful Ill add pics to show my case!
thrillmetoo

iPod classic 160 GB review

Pros: sound quality, built, size, capacity

Cons: no built-in mike, no radio, no customizable EQ, no audio cables included

First off: I’m coming from a Creative Zen Vision M 60 GB which very unfortunately died on me. I was very satisfied with this gismo. Sadly they don’t make them anymore, otherwise I would have bought a new one. Considering all things I find important, only the IPod Classic would do. This fine machine ticks most of the boxes: large capacity, excellent sound quality, no touch screen, storing of pictures and movies. The things I miss, compared to the Zen, are a customizable equaliser (so I can match different headphones better), a built-in mike, a programmable function knob and a radio. The thing I hated most was the necessity of ITunes. Fortunately, some genius made a plug-in for...