Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Portable Source Components › Digital Audio (FLAC/MP3/etc) Players (DAPs) › Apple iPhone 4 Black Smartphone 32GB

Apple iPhone 4 Black Smartphone 32GB

Pros: Fast, build quality, design, sound quality, user interface, camera,

Cons: ibuds, crappy phone speakers, smudge marks, some people complain about dropped calls, large monthly fee

Hello head-fi

I recently decided i would get my first smart phone and that it would be an iphone. Now i don't want to write a wall of words but i will do it anyways.

Design/Durability

When buying a smart phone which you take everywhere durability is very important. Plastic is generally the most commonly used material that tends to get the job done but looks cheap. Compared to competing smart phones the iPhone 4 has a glass front and glass back with a metal piece going around the phone. It looks amazingly expensive and feels premium. But the glass worries me. If i were to drop this from a decent hight the glass could crack or shatter. I recommend a heavy duty case. To some this is a deal breaker to others a compromise. But in my opinion it still feels more solid then the samsung i tried at the phone shop. 4/5

Battery Life/User Interface

Battery life is quite good. I can get 20 hours out of it before the battery dies. This is with a bit of usage of a mixture of everything. Phone calls, texting, music, gaming, internet browsing. I can do it all in a day and plug it in at the end and still have 25% left. The user interface is amazingly easy to use. Apple has done something amazing by making a user interface even a 5 year old could master in a few minutes. If there is a major selling point for this phone it's how simple it is to use. Battery 4/5. UI 5/5

Everyone hates on the ipods and iphones for their supposed bad sound quality. I will say right now i don't hear their criticism. The sound is just as good as the fiio e7 if not better. The sound is very smooth and very dynamic. No harshness in the treble and the bass is well represented. I will have to deduct 1 point because the built in eq is really bad. But i just buy the equ app and it allows me to customize my eq. Very responsive and the sound quality is excellent for a portable. 4/5

Overall/Value

Overall there is thousands of apps, has good sound quality, looks great, durable, and fast. I would give it a 3/5 for value though because if you don't get a contract it will cost you about $750.

iPhone 4 video review

Slight comparison between iPods and iPhone

Pros: Retina Display, Multi-Tasking, Design

Cons: Speakers, Antenna,

I've only owned one iPhone before which was the 1st generation one or also known as iPhone 2G.

And thus my review will be compare to that phone, which gives the iPhone 4 a massive advantage in this review.

First the interface, which has greatly improved since iPhone 2G, it is way more "snappier" and responsive. The processor A4 has improved that even compared to the iPhone 3G S. (So I have heard).

As for the display there is no question, the Retina display is currently the best out there, might not have the highest resolution, but is way more detailed, sharper and colorful.

The new design is all about your own personal preferences, some prefer the rounder phones and others the square. I myself prefer the rounder ones more, but the iPhone 4 looks absolutely gorgeous now with it's class front. (and back).

To bad the design has a drawback, which is the signal bars when you hold the phone in a specific way, (this specific way is actually how everyone holds the phone), but I personally have never experienced this problem, but that doesn't mean I don't believe it is true.

As for sound quality, the call quality has slightly improved from the iPhone 3G S, which I heard from my classmate, and of course greatly improved from the iPhone 2G. Speakers are still very bad, but as for ear-phones, I personally tested these with my Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10vi and it is quite good, /without a portable amp.

Internet has improved with the support of n capability, and it is noticeably faster

So there is my subjective view on this product.

Apple iPhone 4 Black Smartphone 32GB
By:

3.5" TFT capacitive display, Scratch-resistant surface, Multi-touch input method, Accelerometer, Proximity, Three-axis sensor, 32 GB, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Two Cameras, GPS, Multitasking capable, A4 CPU

BindingWireless Phone Accessory