Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic › Reviews › Kon Peki's Review

Best under $50 option in-ear for when isolation is not desired

A Review On: Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic

Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic

Rated # 34 in Universal Fit
Amazon.com
Kon Peki

Pros: Good, balanced sound. Comfortable. Not isolating. Relatively inexpensive.

Cons: Fall out of the ear easily

I've got 3 pairs of these - two came with iPhones (mic version) and one with an iPod Touch (no mic version).  All sound the same.

The EarPods sound much better than I expected they would, and despite owning many more expensive headphones, these have a regular place in my rotation.

Sound is natural and nicely balanced - very pleasing signature.

For the most part, I use them in the office, where I want to be able to listen to music but also to hear others around me.  My other headphones are either too big and bulky or too isolating.

The only downside for me is that they slip out easily, and falling out halfway on one side leads to very imbalanced audio.  This is the flip side of their superb comfort and fit.

Yes, even stated the Apple Company spent a ton of R and D sudying ear size and shapes, they work best for ears they fit.
I also love these little things.  Great for when you want something small and portable - but don't want the isolation.  To assist with fit - you can look at adding following:
 - Earskinz (http://earskinz.com/) = rubber / silicon 'shaped' covers
 - Foam covers
I actually use combo of both (foam covers over the earskinz)