Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Apex Hi-Fi Butte › Apex Hi-Fi Butte Reviews

Apex Hi-Fi Butte Reviews

Gatepc

APEX Butte

Pros: Very Well balanced, Forgiving, Non Fatiguing, Good Sound-Stage Depth, Powerful, Neutral but fun, Bass Impact and slam, Small physical footprint

Cons: Lacks detail compared to Burson, Bass rolloff below 40hz, Sound bleeding from other inputs, Volume pot sensitive for some IEMs

A Little Information First I would like to thank Todd The Vinyl Junkie for giving me the opportunity to review this unit. I would also like to mention that I am always honest with my reviews. If I don’t like a product I will let you know, I won’t hold back any criticism. So I hope that this review will be helpful to anyone considering the purchase of the APEX Butte headphone amplifier. I would say that I’ve first heard about APEX audio earlier this year and I’ve been interested in hearing some of their products. Unfortunately most of their products were just way out of my price range. I believe this is one of the reasons that they produced the Butte. The Butte is effectively a very good...
WNBC

Apex Hi-Fi Butte headphone amp

Pros: Transparency and clarity in the midrange. Price-to-peformance, small form factor (office use / travel), and the power to drive most cans.

Cons: Synergy between Butte with one’s sources and headphones will significantly influence one’s experience

APEX HI-FI BUTTE REVIEW   Equipment used: (a) Apex HI-FI Butte – Loaner from Todd at TTVJ (b) Foobar2000 > W4S DAC-2   (c) Hifiman HM-601 portable player (d) Marantz SACD SA-8003 player (e) Sansui TU-717 receiver                                        (f) Headphones: LCD-2 (60 ohm, 95 dB) w/ Norse Audio Norn cable, Fischer Audio FA-011 (160 ohm, 98 dB), Hifiman RE-262 IEM (150 ohm, 95 dB), Fostex T50RP (50 ohm, 98 dB)       Initial...